• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Breaking Down The Ballot, Week 9

One week to go in the regular season and, as a result, one more Top 10 poll to submit to Baton Rouge and have scrutinized by all six of my readers.

Class 5A
1. West Monroe 2. Destrehan 3. St. Thomas More 4. Catholic-BR 5. Sulphur 6. Rummel 7. Byrd
8. H.L. Bourgeois 9. Central 10. Dutchtown.
Comments: With leading rusher Brittain White sidelined for the season, Byrd rolled to an impressive 31-21 win tonight over Ouachita - the 12th-ranked team on my ballot. That makes the Yellow Jackets' loss to Captain Shreve earlier this season all the more inexplicable. Byrd remains Shreveport's best hope of having a Class 5A team make some noise in the postseason.

Class 4A
1. Bastrop 2. Shaw 3. Teurlings Catholic 4.Franklinton 5. Eunice 6. Parkway 7. Benton 8. Northside 9. Vandebilt Catholic 10. Zachary.
Comments: Parkway and Benton can settle, once and for all, who is Bossier's best team. I'm going with the team that has won its past five games 230-19. Uh, by the way, that's Benton.

Class 3A
1. Notre Dame 2. Parkview Baptist 3. Redemptorist 4. Lutcher 5. Westlake 6. Rayville 7. Marksville 8. Cecilia 9. Rayne 10. Iowa.
Comments: Rayville comes to BTW on Friday to close out an undefeated season in District 1-3A. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the B-T-Dub Lions can hold their own in this one. Not win. But keep it close.

Class 2A
1. Calvary Baptist 2. Evangel 3. St. James 4. John Curtis 5. Donaldsonville 6. St. John-Plaquemine 7. Oakdale 8. Clinton 9. Ferriday 10. Springfield Pine.
Comments: To much has been said - and written - about the Calvary and Evangel showdown on Friday. I'll save my thoughts for later on this one. ... In the actual Top 10 poll, St. James leaped Evangel to take No. 2. Too bad. I would have liked to have covered a 1-2 matchup.

Class 1A
1. Cedar Creek 2. Hamilton Christian 3. Kentwood 4. South Plaquemines 5. Delhi Charter
6. Ouachita Christian 7. Haynesville 8. Catholic-PC 9. Oak Grove 10. St. Edmund.
Comments: Haynesville is overdue for inclusion in the Top 10. If Haynesville had to play Cedar Creek today, I might go with the Golden Tornado. As is, I'll just settle for inching them up my ballot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carlton Green said...

Im going to say this one time joel Bryd is not the best 5A team in Shreveport I knew they were going to beat Ouachita though but does that make them better team because Cs and hhs didn't beat Ouachita No you should know that teams match up differently on the field keep that in mine.

I hope the raiders get a rematch with them to make you believer I told you this looks like the 2004 team that went deep in the playoffs and all the prediction I have been making thus far for 5a this season I've been right.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home