• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Friday, October 05, 2007

My weak 6 picks

Six weeks into the high school football season, it's still pretty difficult to pick winners.

I went 15 of 21 Friday night, a dismal 71 percent -- and 4 percent less that I said I needed to continue.

I missed three big ones -- Parkway's victory over Haughton, Huntington's win over Shreve and Southwood's breakthrough against Airline.

But North DeSoto's victory over North Vermilion and St. Mary's loss to Northwood-Lena hurt me, too. Although much congratulations should go to Jerry Byrd and his North DeSoto team for rebounding from their poor performance against Haynesville in Week 5.

Since I'm a man of my word, I will not be picking games for the rest of the regular season. But I vow to return for the playoffs, hopefully armed with better knowledge.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel Anderson said...

Russell, no need to be so hard on yourself.

If we all held ourselves to the 75 percent standard, there would be hardly anyone left to make picks for The Times.

In fact, I'm almost certain I didn't crack the 75-percent barrier this week. However, I do take solace in my 14-1 record last week.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home