• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Saturday, September 29, 2007

First week of predictions went OK

Well, I guess I'll be predicting games in Week 6.

Friday night, in my first effort of the season, I got 15 of 20 games right. And that includes the fact that I accidentally picked Homer to beat Calvary. I know, I could say that about any game that I picked incorrectly now. But I really did mean to pick Calvary. Even so, it wouldn't be right to count it as a win now.

Even so, I said if I predicted 75 percent right I would pick again next week so I will. I did miss too badly. I picked both Lakeview and Lakeside to win, and they both were routed.

I covered the North DeSoto-Haynesville game, and I missed the pick on that badly, too. I thought a Class 3A team would beat a struggling 1A team. But Haynesville won 35-14. And that's two wins in a row for the Tors

Haynesville looked like Golden Tors teams of the past, rolling up almost 300 yards rushing. The Tors also appeared to have some speed and two hard running backs. They begin district play next week and I believe they should be favored to win the 1-1A title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home