• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Worth the price of admission

I've seen a handful of high school baseball games over the last year, year and-a-half and I think I know the game I'd pay good money to see.

If you could somehow put together a Calvary-Captain Shreve game with Randy Zeigler pitching for Calvary and Austin Ross pitching for Shreve, then you'd have a winner.

I remember marveling at Zeigler's poise and presence on the mound last year in the playoffs when he shut down Cedar Creek. Calvary coach Rodney Traweek says Zeigler is even better this year, though I haven't had the chance to see him pitch.

I saw Ross throw for the first time on Friday. He threw a five-inning no-hitter against Ruston.

And I've got to say, he would have thrown a seven-inning no-hitter if they had played seven innings. He was that good. He pitched ahead in the count. He let his defense work behind him. It was impressive the way he worked.

So somebody put it together - a Calvary-Shreve game with Zeigler against Ross. That would be fun to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home