• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Monday, March 05, 2007

Upon further review

All right, it's been awhile since I've posted so let's look back at the weekend in prep hoops.

BOYS

I was not surprised to see Airline knocked out in 5A. Heck, the Vikings had a great run to get to the quarterfinals. And a tip of the hat to Miles Holladay for a great coaching career that spanned five decades.

I was stunned by Fair Park's loss. Not so much that Fair Park lost, but the point spread was stunning to me.

I was at the Class 4A game in Bossier between Washington-Marion and Bossier. The Bearkats played hard, but there was too much athletic ability on the Washington-Marion side. If by chance the 4A final ends up being between Washington-Marion and Peabody that will be a war.

Plain Dealing is our lone Caddo-Bossier representative at the Top 28. While Zwolle gets most of the attention for its offense, Plain Dealing is putting up points in bunches.

GIRLS
I was shocked that Southwood lost. Not that Ellender may not have been the better team. But Southwood usually enjoys such a mental edge that I figured no way would they lose.

Arcadia and Mansfield - congrats on a great season.

Pleasant Hill - congrats on a great season and a great win for a Class C state title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home