• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Still upbeat

I went out to Huntington High School's football practice today. I'll admit I didn't know what I would find there since the 82 violations and subsequent firing of head coach Mike Green today at the Caddo Parish School Board.

Here's what I found:

1) Rod Foppe has taken over on an interim basis. Foppe says he is more concerned at taking it week by week than looking down the road to having the "interim'' lifted off his title.
2) The players - at least the ones I talked to today - seem to like Foppe.
3) For the most part, the team has taken this latest hurdle in stride. Don't forget this is a team that lost its quarterback (Terence Winn) in a May shooting and now this.
4) The schedule maker did Huntington no favors by sending the Raiders to West Monroe to start the season.

All in all, though, I was surprised at how upbeat everyone seemed.

Of course, they're all still holding on to hope that the appeal that will be heard by the LHSAA today will be ruled in their favor giving the team a postseason chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home