• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Playoff picks

OK, there's no line on high school football games. But I'll give you some picks anway for games involving area teams.

Class 5A - Ruston vs. Catholic Baton Rouge. Isn't this about the time Catholic usually falls flat? And who would have thought Ruston would have outlasted West Monroe in the playoffs. Still, the road can be tough, I'll go with Catholic.

Class 4A - Neville at Minden. Minden's unbeaten. The winner of this one, though, likely gets Bastrop next. Neville has a win over Ruston and has scored 50 twice this season so Minden may want to avoid a shootout. I'll go with Neville.

Class 3A
Oh, that's right, we don't have anyone in 3A.

Class 2A
John Curtis vs. Homer. It would be the stuff of legend if Homer were to win this one. I'll take John Curtis.

Springhill at Clinton. It's a long trip for Springhill. Clinton doesn't overwhelm me. Give me Springhill in this one.

Class 1A
Calvary at Evangel. I know Calvary lost by one and should have won the game during the regular season. This is the postseason. Until somebody knocks off Evangel, I'll go with Evangel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home