• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Not that anyone asked

It's coming to the time of year when a personal pet peeve of mine is exposed - high school all-star selections.

Mercifully, I wasn't a voting member when the LSWA rolled out an all-state team with FOUR players at quarterback.

I am a purist. I like my all-star teams with 11 players on offense and 11 on defense. If you want to replace a tight end with another wide receiver, have at it. If you want to use three running backs and take out the tight end, I'm OK.

Where I'm not OK is not making a decision, a hard decision, and then putting multiple players at a position. It's a joke and demeans the team.

Not that anyone has asked. But don't expect to see any of our Times teams with FOUR quarterbacks anytime soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lee Hiller said...

Well put Scott. I agree totally. What does it say to the player that deserves the honor over another player but is lumped with the less deserving one. Sometimes it is hard to pick one over the other. But a decision should be made by those choosing the team. Whether it is the popular choice or not the player that deserves to be chosen for his or her position should be the one.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home