• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Early seeding returns

The first round of the girls basketball playoff games showed, for the most part, the coaches knew what they were doing with the seedings.

Plain Dealing, a No. 5 seed, was the highest-seeded knockout.

Airline had one of the upsets, but an 18 over a 15 isn't a huge upset.

"If you look at all of the brackets, I think 18 beat 15 like four times," Airline coach David Duhon said. "The upsets were few and far between.''

And that means the coaches did a pretty good job with the seeding.

"I was real pleased,'' Duhon said. "I would have liked to have been a little lower so I wouldn't have had to play No. 2 in the second round. But I think it was a positive. I think it's a lot better than the power ratings.''

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home