• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Monday, December 03, 2007

Back in town

Former Shreveport Mudbugs head coach Jean Laforest is coaching again in the area. Not with the Mudbugs, but the Bossier girls soccer program.

I stopped by Tinsley Park to catch the girls final in the Bossier Tournament on Saturday. Wearing a 'Hockey Night in Canada,' T-shirt, I wondered who was this stranger that recognized the shirt and shouted at me as I approached the officials' tent.

It wasn't until I was within 10 feet that it finally struck me who it was, and I still couldn't comprehend the fact that it was Laforest.

Laforest left the Mudbugs after taking them to back-to-back Western Professional Hockey League championships to pursue coaching/teaching options elsewhere. He coached at Division III Wisconsin-Eau Claire, but returned to minor league hockey to coach Youngstown in 2005.

It's a great hire for the Bossier program. Laforest is an enthusiastic coach with plenty of experience on several levels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home