• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Bossier tournament coming up

You've got to like a tournament that has been around as long as the Bossier Invitational.

I mean, tournaments come and go. This one is the longest running one in the area.

And it's back again next week.

I like this tournament for a couple of reasons. No. 1, it's just boys. That's not being sexist, I like the Winter Standard Tournament because it's just girls. It's just that a tournament with boys and girls gets too spread out. The Bossier Tournament is nice and neat.

The second thing I like is there is only one game for losers - the third-place game.

I know players and coaches like double elimination. But again, it can be too cumbersome with a double elimination.

Maybe that makes me old school. Certainly the Bossier Tournament is just that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home